Real Estate Agent | REALTOR®
Melvin was born and raised in Boston. He has been working as a full-time REALTOR since October 1989 and he was first licensed in the states of California & then Massachusetts. He has had the pleasure to work with such companies as
- Century 21 Coast Properties (Hermosa Beach, CA)
- South Bay Brokers (Manhattan Beach, CA)
- The DeWolfe Companies (Boston, MA)
- Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage (Boston, MA)
- Century 21 Shawmut Properties (Boston, MA) as VP, Sales Manager
- RE/MAX Landmark, Realtors, and
- RE/MAX Destiny.
He has many certifications in Real Estate such as
- CNS (Certified Negotiation Specialist)
- ABR (Accredited Buyer Representative)
- NHS (New Home Specialist), and
- ILHS (International Luxury Home Specialist).
He is also a member of
- NAR (National Association of Realtors)
- MAR (Massachusetts Association of Realtors)
- GBREB (The Greater Boston Real Estate Board)
- GBAR (Greater Boston Association of Realtors), and
- REBAC (Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council).
He has been working in the Greater Boston Area and suburbs since 1996 in such areas as property in Boston, Boston proper, Milton, Quincy, Dedham, Arlington, Cambridge, Brookline, Medford, Randolph, Weymouth, Stoughton, North Shore, Western Massachusetts, and many other areas.
Melvin is currently the Vice President for the Board of Directors of the Greater Boston Association of Realtors and was the Treasurer in 2019.
- Board of Directors of Greater Boston Association of Realtors – 2016 to 2020
- Board of Directors of the Massachusetts Association of Realtors – 2017 to 2020
- Federal Political Coordinator for the National Association of Realtors – 2019 & 2020
- Vice-Chair of State Political Coordinator for (MAR) – 2017 to 2020
- Governance Committee (MAR) – 2017 to 2020
- Governance Committee (GBREB) – 2017 to 2020
- The Education Inclusivity Subcommittee (MAR) (P.A.G.) – 2017
- Global (MAR) (P.A.G) – 2017
- Past Chair of Global Task Force (GBAR) – 2016
- Diversity Task Force (MAR) – 2016
- Membership Committee (GBAR) – 2015
- Participated in the test group for Domus Analytics – 2016
He was also recognized in the Who’s Who – Boston Agent Magazine in 2018 and 2019. Melvin is also a member of ULI (Urban Land Institute) he participates on the Real Estate Advisory Committee.
He has also participated in various local organizations such as
- Y.E.S Youth Enrichment Services (Board of Trustee)
- Codman Square NDC (Board of Directors)
- Urban Bankers (Board of Director)
- Boston Chapter of the N.A.A.C.P. (Housing Committee)
He has been teaching first-time Homebuyer seminars for over 17 years. He is one of the instructors who teach at
- MAHA (Massachusetts Housing Alliance)
- Nuestra Comunidad Development Corporation (Roxbury, MA)
- Neighbor Works Southern Mass (Quincy, MA)
- WATCH CDC (Waltham, MA)
- Urban Edge (Boston, MA), and
- Boston Home Center (DND)(First Time Home Buyer Panel)
Which he educates them on what to look for when looking for a real estate agent to work with, what to look for when buying a house, what is the differences between a condo, multi-family, and single-family. Plus, he talks to them about the first-time home buyer programs including FHA, MFHA, VA, 203K, the One Program previously known as the soft second loan and many more.
Melvin A Vieira Jr has been QUOTED IN:
- The Boston Globe | 2005
- Realtors get their hands-on technology “Brokers learn to love the Web tools that give them an edge with buyers” – full-page article
- The Boston Globe | 2009
- Developer’s easy-money pitch left a trail of ruin
- Of 169 condos sold, most in Dorchester, more than half are now in foreclosure Double-digit drops in home sales, prices
- Mass. market staggered through the first quarter of 2009 $8,000 tax credit has home buyers on fire
- The Boston Globe | 2010
- Bidding spirals as deadline nears Market for single-family homes still slow in April
- Bay State Realtor Magazine | May – June 2011
- Sales declined 28 percent in Mass How to Access Technology to get the biggest bang for your Buck
- The Boston Globe | 2013
- Biggest Bang for your Buck Some people move in mysterious ways
- Patriot Ledger 08232013
- People Move Single Family Home sale were way up in July
- Worchester Business Journal | 2016
- Sales in NE were way up last month. First-time buyers to fuel 2016 housing market – “Fuel 2016 housing market”
- 2013 to 2016 quoted in the RE/MAX Housing Market Outlook and Forecast.
If you are looking to Sell or Buy any Real Estate Why call someone who has seen a Real Estate market like this. Call the person who has been in the business since 1989 and has the Experience, Melvin A Vieira Jr and the #1 Real Estate Company RE/MAX Destiny.
-A Step Above the Rest-